July 5, 2022 – Khon Kaen University, led by Prof. Monchai Duangjinda, Ph.D., Vice President of Research and Graduate Studies, and Prof. Pewpan Maleewong, M.D., Assistant President of Research and Graduate Studies, organized a seminar on the topic: “RU-THAN-GAN: Understanding of All Aspects of Cannabis EP.1” at the Auditorium meeting room, Khon Kaen University Science Park as well as simultaneously broadcasted via Zoom and Facebook Live: Research Administration Division KKU. This event has more than 500 participants, both on-site and online.
The event follows the ministry’s announcement of the name of the drug to be punished in category 5 2022 and effective on June 9, 2022, resulting in inflorescences, bark, stems, fibers, branches, roots, and leaves, whether fresh or dry. Residues or remnants from cannabis extraction and cannabis rubber It’s not a drug anymore. This led to widespread use of cannabis and a wave of resistance. The Ministry of Higher Education, Science, Research and Innovation has banned the sale of food and drinks with cannabis as an ingredient as well as the use of the plant for recreational purposes on the premises of universities and agencies under the ministry.
Prof. Monchai Duangjinda, Ph.D. “Khon Kaen University has recognized the problems that have arisen, along with Khon Kaen University as a higher education institution that should provide accurate academic information about such matters to guide the society on the benefits and penalties of cannabis, therefore holds seminars and discussions on the topic of RU-THAN-GAN: Understanding of All Aspects of Cannabis EP.1. This seminar-academic discussion has interesting topics, which are academic information described by renowned speakers with expertise on cannabis and knowledge gathered from trusted sources around the world.”
The first session was lecturing on various topics. The names of the speakers of session 1 were as follows:
- Assoc. Prof. Pattapong Kasesomboon, M.D, Family Physician, Community Medicine Department, Faculty of Medicine, Khon Kaen University
- Mr. Panthep Phuaphongphan, Ph.D., Spokesperson of the extraordinary commission considering the draft Cannabis-Hemp act, House of Representatives, and Dean of the Institute of Integrative Medicine and Anti-Aging, Rangsit University
- Ms. Monthaka Teerachaisakul, Ph.D., Division of herb for economy, Department of Thai Traditional and Alternative Medicine, Ministry of Public Health
- Ms. Naruemol Chatsanga, Food Safety and Food Consumption Specialist, Food Division, Food and Drug Administration
- Ms. Pakakrong Kwankhao, Ph.D., Deputy Director of Thailand Medical Marijuana Institute, Chief of Evidence Center for Traditional Thai Medicine and Herbs, Chaophraya Abhaibhubejhr Hospital
- Prof. Monchai Duangjinda, Ph.D., Vice President for Research and Graduate Studies, and Director of Cannabis Research Institution of Khon Kaen University
The second session, moderated by Prof. Monchai Duangjinda, was a forum to exchange the views of experienced doctors and pharmacists with the following speakers:
- Assoc. Prof. Srivieng Pairojkull, M.D., Palliative Care Physician, Head of Karunruk Palliative Care Center, Srinagarind Hospital Khon Kaen University
- Prof. Suwanna Arunpongpaisal, M.D., Addiction Psychiatry Specialist, Executive Committee of Royal College of Psychiatrist of Thailand
- Assoc. Prof. Bandit Chumworathayi, M.D., Ph.D., Gynecologic Oncologist, Head of Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Faculty of Medicine Khonkaen University
- Mr. Suroj Pangma, Professional Pharmacists, Consumer Protection and Public Health Pharmacy Department, Khonkaen Provincial Health Office