Goal & Mission
Excellence in research and development in medical diagnostics to international standard and an established reference clinical laboratory in Asia-Oceania emphasizing development in science and technology and technology transfer for self sustainability and finally commercialization.
Recruitment of researchers and expansion of collaborative research network both nationally and internationally as well as researching, developing and transferring technology, especially in medical diagnostic products for local use and commercialization in conjunction with development and training of researchers through post-graduate programs and post-doctoral training.
CMDL is an excellent research and development centre in medical diagnostics with full facilities to support good international research based upon local health problems, as well as supporting and promoting post-graduate studies.
CMDL is an international and regional reference clinical laboratory acting as a training centre for both clinical laboratory service and research.
CMDL is a centre for development and production of medical diagnostic kits and products with international standard.
CMDL is a national and international collaborative research centre.
- Establishment of a good practical laboratory aiming at directed research and development in 4 areas: control and prevention of thalassemia, cancer, transplantation and molecular immunology and laboratory diagnosis for infectious diseases.
- Providing clinical laboratory services related to the 4 research areas.
- Research and development in medical diagnostic methodology and products.
- Providing clinical laboratory and research training as well as producing good researchers.
- Providing post-graduate training at MSc, PhD and post-doctorate levels.